For a client in northern Germany, a leading Massively Multiplayer Online Game development company, we are currently looking for a Java Server Developer (m/f).
You will work in a multi-disciplinary product team on new and existing online games. The role will see you develop game logic, ensuring that thousands of players can play together simultaneously on one server.
- Develop new or existing game servers for innovative MMO games (Massively Multiplayer Online Game)
- Develop and implement game logic
- Design interfaces to other high availability systems (DWH, payment)
- Analyze and optimize high-performance and high-traffic systems
- Evaluate the use of new techologies, architectures and frameworks
- Collaborate closely with client developers, game designers and game balancers
- Support junior developers
- An exciting job where you can assume responsibility and develop professionally
- A dynamic team with friendly, highly-qualified colleagues from all over the world
- Strong, sustainable growth and fresh challenges every day
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- A culture of mutual respect and an outstanding working environment
- Further training with workshops, language courses and technical reference works, a healthy work-life balance, regular team events, sporting and leisure activities and much more!
English (Fluent, Must have)
German (Advanced, Nice to have)
Skills / Tools:
Eclipse, SQL, Design Pattern, Entwurfsmuster, Multi-Threading Programmer, game logic, game server
- Software / System Architecture
- Software / Web Development
- Many years’ professional experience with large software projects (Java or similar languages), ideally in game development
- In-depth practical experience with OOP, design patterns, databases (SQL), multi-threading and data structures
- Detailed knowledge of the Java memory model
- Experience with continuous integration, agile development, Linux, run-time and storage optimization and with developing client-server applications
- Good feel for software architecture
- Enthusiastic about working in multi-disciplinary teams and passionate about games
- Good English skills. German is a plus
- A completed degree in IT or a comparable course is desirable
Don't hesitate to apply online:
Please note, that we will only respond to matching candidates with required skills.